Introduction to the SSC GD Exam
The SSC GD – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) General Duty (GD), is an exam which is conducted by SSC on an annual basis to select deserving candidates for various posts of Constables (General Duty) across India in the following esteemed organizations:-
1. Border Security Force (BSF)
2. Indo Tibetan Border Police
3. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
4. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
5. National Investigation Agency (NIA)
6. Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
7. Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
8. Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles
One has to follow certain steps to appear in the SSC GD exam 2022 like they have to register for it and then make sure that they receive their SSC GD admit card 2022 without failure.
The recruitment under the SSC GD is carried out by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) as per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) mutually agreed by the MHA and SSC. One can visit the official website of SSC GD exam https://ssc.nic.in/ for details such as downloading the admit card, fees payment, and other related information.
SSC GD Constable Exam Structure
The SSC GD Constable exam is usually conducted in four phases: Computer-Based Exam (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
A.CBE – It is an online test which comprises multiple choice questions from areas of English/Hindi, Elementary Mathematics, General Knowledge & General Awareness and General Intelligence & Reasoning.
B. PET – It evaluates an aspirant’s physical fitness on the basis of default height parameters, followed by a technology-aided test of identification.
C. PST – It assesses three factors of a candidate i.e. height, chest, and weight.
D. DME – Only those who successfully complete the PET and PST undergo a detailed medical exam under the supervision of the Medical Boards for their medical as well as physical fitness.
SSC GD 2022 Exam Fees & Syllabus
The SSC GD 2022 exam fees is Rs. 100 only for the male test takers, while women candidates and those belonging to the categories such as SC/ST are exempted. Those who register for this exam need to visit the official website https://ssc.nic.in/ for more details. Following are the key topics covered under each section of the SSC GD CBE:-
1. English/Hindi: Grammar & Comprehension
2. General Awareness: Static GK and Topics like Research, General Politics, Culture, History, etc.
3. Elementary Mathematics: Decimals & Fractions, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Distance, etc.
4. General Intelligence & Reasoning: Arithmetic Reasoning, Number Series, Analogies, etc.
SSC GD 2022 Vacancy & Eligibility Criteria
The total tentative vacancies were 25,271, out of which 22,424 were for men while 2,847 were for women. An aspirant wishing to appear for this exam must meet the following eligibility criteria:-
1. Age Limit: Those appearing for the SSC GD 2022 should be between the age group of 18-23 as of August 1, 2022. It means that the aspirant should not be born before August 2, 1998 and not later than August 1, 2003.
2. Nationality: While the aspirant must be an Indian citizen, a migrant candidate must present their domicile proof.
3. Educational Qualification: The candidate must be at least a Matriculate or class 10 pass out from a recognized Board or University as of August 1, 2022.
4. Age Relaxation: The Government can offer an age relaxation in the upper age limit for those belonging to the SC, ST, OBC, Ex-servicemen, and other such categories.
SSC GD 2022 – Overview
The details of SSC GD constable exam for the year 2022 will be released soon on the official website. For the SSC GD 2022 exam, more than 70000 vacancies will be released as per the recent SSC GD constable exam notification.
You can register for the SSC GD constable exam for the year 2022 post which you can download your SSC GD Admit Card 2022.
Also, it is worthy to mention that strict rules and regulations are followed when it comes to the admit card. No discrepancy shall be appreciated in the SSC GD Admit Card 2022.
Downloading the SSC GD Admit Card 2022
There are certain steps which one should follow to download the SSC GD admit card 2022:-
Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC – https://ssc.nic.in/
Step 2: Click on the tab named “Aspirants Login”.
Step 3: Login with the details – username, password, followed by a captcha.
Step 4: Choose the SSC GD Constable admit card link.
Step 5: Submit the details in given fields – student’s name/roll number and date of birth.
Step 6: The admit card’s PDF will be opened on the screen.
Step 7: Cross check all the details mentioned on the admit card.
Step 8: Finally, download the SSC GD Constable admit card and take its printout on the exam day.